Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What a Day

It was quite a day today.

First it as hook up my trailer in the pouring rain. Then load up my tack and my horse Zoey. It kept raining the entire time it took me to drive to C.A.R.D. I was having a lesson there with Terry and an advisor from Para Equestrian Canada.

Zoey was a star. It was her third time off property and she never put a foot wrong. We worked on going forward especially at the trot. The canter was much better than I thought it was going to be. She didn't do any of her frog hopping around. After the canter work the trot was even better, she really started coming through her back. With every ride she is getting stronger. The top-line is improving and becoming more muscular.

After her preformance today it really gives me an idea of what she will be like at shows. I'm so looking forward to being able to show her. I'm just so pleased with how she has been and the work she is doing.

After my ride it was pack up the trailer, load up Zoey and drive back to the barn. At least it wasn't raining. I wanted to get back unload and park the trailer before it got dark. As soon As I unloaded the trailer and went to park it the rain started again. By the time I unhooked I was soggy again. At least I brought a change of clothes so I wouldn't be soggy teaching.

I'm very happy after today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment